Bishop Shanahan High School students are both athletes and scholars. Many of our student aspire to compete in collegiate sports, and often receive scholarships from colleges and universities. Our Athletic and College Counseling departments assist students and their families in navigating this process. Learn more by contacting the Athletics Director, Ron Reidinger, at email@example.com.
2019 - 2020 School Year
Class of 2020 - Fall Collegiate Commitments
Congratulations to the following BSHS student athletes who will be continuing their respective sports at the D1/D2 collegiate level:
- Elizabeth DeBarberie - Gymnastics - University of Maryland
- Gabe Goforth - Lacrosse - University of Maryland
- Claire Hoffman - Lacrosse - East Stroudsburg University
- Monica Manley - Lacrosse - Coastal Carolina University
- Madison Parke - Lacrosse - Bucknell University
- Cara Shultz - Volleyball - Yale University
- Tara Weir - Lacrosse - California State University, Fresno
2018 - 2019 School Year
Class of 2019 - Spring Collegiate Commitments
Congratulations to the following BSHS student athletes who will be continuing their respective sports at the collegiate level:
- Abigail Lee - Appalachian State University - Cross Country/Track
- Sammi McCarter - The Catholic University of America - Basketball
- Rose DeBarberie - University of Pennsylvania - Gymnastics
- Rebecca Richard - Mount Saint Mary's University - Track and Field
- Matt Bertolami - The Catholic University of America - Baseball
- Sean Danahy - St. John Fisher College - Tennis
- Joe O'Malley - Mount Saint Mary's University - Golf
- Alexa Peterson - West Chester University - Softball
- Andrew Scheuermann - St. Joseph's University - Rugby
- Ryan Chapman - Penn State Beks - Baseball
- Mary Kate Wilson - St. Bonaventure University - Swimming
- Gianna De Cesaris - The Catholic University of America - Lacrosse
- Kenny Kunzman - Moravian College - Baseball
- Evy Bruggeman - University of Scranton - Soccer
- Ally Waite - Misericordia University - Soccer
- Nick Macon - Lebanon Valley College - Football
- Parker Childs - Bowdoin College - Lacrosse
- Hannah Keiper - University of Rochester - Softball
- David Schaeffer - Ursinus College - Football
- Anna Ebersole - California University of PA - Track and Field
- Dalton Musselman - Penn State - Rugby
- Nic Pezone - The Catholic University of America - Lacrosse
- Jimmy Bevevino - The Catholic University of America - Lacrosse
Class of 2019 - Fall Collegiate Commitments
Congratulations to the following BSHS students who have committed to playing their respective sport in D1 and D2 athletics throughout college:
- Tyler Kingsbury (High Point)
- Alysa Wright (Bryant)
- Julia Thomar (Iona)
- Kyle Gucwa (Manhattan)
- Conner Whalen (Maryland)
- Bryan Rafferty (St. Bonaventure)
- Devon Miller (Fordham)
- Jessica Gorr (West Chester)
- Michaela Devlin (Sacred Heart)
- Amber Bryan (St. Francis)
- Julianne Gallagher (American)
- Mary Byerley (Temple)
Alumni Athlete Corner
Congratulations to BSHS alumna Kayla Lampe who will be competing in the Olympic Marathon Trials!
Ryan McNulty, 2016
Congratulations to Ryan McNulty, Class of 2016, on being named to the national Tewaaraton Award Watch List, the Preaseaon All-Patriot League Team, and the Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year!
Renee Shultz, 2018
Glenmoore native and Bishop Shanahan High School graduate Renee Shultz, a sophomore on the Yale women’s volleyball team, recently helped the Bulldogs clinch a share of their third consecutive Ivy League title.
Steve Sweeney, 2018
Ian Miller, 2010
Congratulations and "welcome to the show," alumnus Ian Miller '10, who now plays for the Minnesota Twins!
Doug Costin, 2016
"Good defensive tackles are hard to find but when you find one, it makes an incredible difference in your defense. Take a look at Doug Costin of the Miami RedHawks, for example: he has averaged 50 tackles and 5.5 sacks over the last two seasons in addition to posting a MAC-leading 32 QB pressures and 10.5 TFLs in 2018. During that two-year span, Miami’s defense was third and fourth in the MAC in scoring defense as well as fourth and third in rushing defense. "
Ryan McNulty, 2016
Boys Basketball Team, 1985
At the Chester County Sports Hall of Fame 2018 Annual Banquet, the Bishop Shanahan High School 1985 Boys Basketball State Championship Team was inducted! BSHS commemorated this great honor and celebrated the 1985 team at a boys basketball game halftime ceremony. Many alumni turned out for this special event and during the ceremony, the team received a standing ovation.
The celebration and recognition meant a lot to all of the players, but especially to 1000 point scorer Michael O’Malley whose son is a current student and basketball team member at BSHS! Congratulations to the 1985 Boys Basketball Team on all of their accomplishments! The school is proud and honored to have them as alumni of Bishop Shanahan High School!
Dylan Alderman, 2014
During the 2017-18 lacrosse season, Dylan Alderman ’14 of Hofstra University was one of 50 lacrosse players placed on the 2018 Tewaaraton Award “Watch List” in anticipation of the award which is given to the best college lacrosse player in the country. In addition, Dylan was named as one of 20 national candidates for the 2018 Senior CLASS Award in men's lacrosse, given to a senior who has notable achievements in four areas of excellence: community, classroom, character and competition.
Finally, Dylan was named to the USILA Scholar All-America Team after graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Business Administration. Lisa Alderman, Dylan’s mother, said, “He had a wonderful four years at Hofstra both academically and athletically as a direct result of the quality education that he received at Bishop Shanahan.”